It’s easy to clean the interior of your home, whether you’re the type of person who does one big cleaning every few weeks or the type of person who tidies up each and every day. What’s not so easy to keep clean, however, is your home’s exterior. Between the constant bombardment of the elements and the general lack of knowledge about how to properly go about tidying up the different external parts of your home, most homeowners simply forget about even trying to fight a battle that seemingly always ends in futility.
Cleaning your home’s aluminum fascia in Calgary, AB in particular is a chore that most people have no idea of how to approach. Will cleaning damage the material? How do you make sure that you’re not compromising surrounding areas of your home’s exterior? What method works best for a quick and easy cleaning job? Take a look at five different ways to clean aluminum fascia in Calgary, AB and what each method entails:
- Your garden hose: If there’s a thin layer of dirt and dust on your fascia, the best tool for cleaning it is one that you’ll find in almost any home’s arsenal—the trusty garden hose. Hosing down your fascia is going to do the trick for removing any thin layer of particle buildup and should prove to be a quick job that takes only minutes to complete. Once they’re clean, break out the hose every few weeks and you’ll have no trouble maintaining a healthy looking exterior!
- Pressure washer: If that layer of grime simply won’t give way to cleanliness with the garden hose, it might be time to ramp things up a notch. Pressure washing your aluminum fascia in Calgary, AB should be enough to blast off even an intimidating layer of dirt and dust—and, best of all, it won’t harm your fascia, so blast away!
- Detergent: Sometimes, for particularly harsh grime buildups, you might have to pair your pressure washing technique with a little bit of a detergent additive. The combination of forced water and the cleaning power of detergent literally melts the grime away, giving way to the gleaming aluminum beneath. Use detergent sparingly, however, as it only takes a little bit to form a powerful cleaning solution. Also, use environmentally friendly detergent so that you don’t accidently contaminate surrounding soil and foliage.
- Siding cleaner: If you’re wary of the detergent route, you can always find specialized siding cleaner at your local hardware store. This cleaning solution is formulated to safely remove any dirt, dust and other scale buildups on aluminum fascia, without harming the materials or the environment. Again, apply with your pressure washer for maximum cleaning power.
- Trisodium phosphate: This is the mack-daddy of all cleaning options and should only be used in the worst case scenario—we’re talking about years and years of neglect and a tremendous degree of grime buildup. This chemical comes in both liquid and powder form and should be diluted according to the packaging that it comes in. No grime can stand up to its awesome cleaning power and it’s sure to leave your fascia sparkling like new in no time at all.
Cleaning your home’s exterior, particularly the aluminum fascia in Calgary, AB, doesn’t have to be a daunting prospect if you’re equipped with the right cleaning knowledge and a few simple tools! Give the above steps a try and get to restoring your home’s exterior today!