Despite there being a number of other materials used for exterior siding, there’s still a clear winner when it comes to popularity: vinyl. But why is vinyl siding the preferred choice of so many homeowners, and what has made vinyl such a durable choice over the years?
In our more than 10 years of experience in the industry, the team at Rhino Exteriors has learned some things about vinyl siding in Calgary, and we have a pretty good idea of why it’s retained its popularity for such a long time. Here are some of the clear benefits offered by vinyl siding:
- It’s inexpensive: Why not start with the first thing that’s on many people’s minds any time they need to invest in a home improvement project? Vinyl siding, compared to alternatives, is substantially less expensive on its own, but when you factor its insulating properties and durability into the equation, you’ll come out even farther ahead in the end.
- It’s durable: Speaking of durability, it’s definitely another reason vinyl siding is so popular. The damage caused by bad weather, deterioration and general wear and tear is kept to a minimum, so vinyl siding should last a good many years and work just as well as it did when it was first installed.
- It requires very little maintenance: Unlike wood siding, with vinyl, you don’t have to worry about damage from the sun or having to repaint it every few years to keep your home looking nice. Vinyl siding holds up well under any weather conditions and is easy to clean with a little water-vinegar solution.
- Quality has improved over the years: It’s true that many of these benefits weren’t present when vinyl siding was first introduced, but manufacturers have made considerable improvements over the years to make their products more durable, more weather-resistant and more varied in its design. Speaking of which…
- It’s available in many colors: If you’ve been putting off thinking about vinyl siding because it makes you think of boring old beige, think again! Hundreds of colors are available, and the variety of textures and designs are sufficient that you’ll pretty quickly find yourself having to make some hard decisions about which to choose.
- It’s easy to install: Finally, whether it’s being installed as part of new construction or during the retrofitting of an older building, vinyl siding is very easy to install. It’s lightweight and can even be installed on top of other coverings, reducing labor costs and cutting down on waste.
At Rhino Exteriors, we are committed to offering our customers only the highest quality options when it comes to siding. That’s why, when they need vinyl siding in Calgary, so many choose to work with our team. If you have questions about what vinyl siding can do for your home, or if you’re interested in learning more about your options, give us a call today. We’d love to help you select the perfect siding to protect the outside of your home—and the investment you’ve made!