When the benefits of vinyl siding in Calgary are discussed in relation to this tight and often competitive real estate market, many people will go straight to appearance. This is a true assumption, as there is no doubt that quality vinyl siding adds to curb appeal and makes homes stand out. However, it increases home value in other ways that are not seen at the surface. Here are six of the benefits you can enjoy if you install vinyl siding before winter:
- Reduced heating costs: Vinyl siding controls heat loss that occurs between the wall studs. Even though there is interior insulation, the studs themselves still allow heat to escape. The siding allows for another layer of protection that keeps heat inside, which is a definite bonus when the freezing temperatures of winter hit. Not only will you be warmer, but your heating bills will decrease, too.
- Low maintenance: As vinyl siding in Calgary is designed to withstand snow, wind and freezing temperatures, you are also less likely to face damage from winter storms that require immediate repair. Your home’s exterior is unlikely to warp, twist and rot as the relentless nature of weather tests it. A particularly rough winter for homes without siding can mean a repainting job when spring arrives. With vinyl siding, you will have no such concerns. Your home’s appearance can be refreshed with a quick power wash.
- Noise control: The extra layer of insulation in vinyl siding effectively soundproofs your home. This works with traffic noise, and also with high winds. Rather than experiencing a tense atmosphere serenaded by the sounds of weather assaulting your ears, your home will remain quiet and cozy.
- Long-term effectiveness: Vinyl siding frequently includes a lifetime warranty and big claims because they are justified. Often projected to protect your home for up to 50 years, this is a long-term investment with significant value. If you are putting your home on the market, having vinyl siding will appeal to potential buyers.
- Works for many different types of homes: The age or style of your home will not matter when it comes to vinyl siding. You can install it on older homes or on new construction. It can even go over previous siding made of different material. There are also numerous options in terms of style, color and trim. It is quite possible to not only match the current appearance of your home, but also to work with other siding that is already installed. Your contractor can go over options specific for your situation.
- Reduces costs: Your first cost with vinyl siding is the installation. However, the savings will continue long after installation is completed. Not only will you save money on utilities, as mentioned earlier, but you will also spend less on maintenance and repairs. If your siding does require repair, many of those incidents can be covered under warranty.
Rhino Exteriors is prepared to enhance your home with vinyl siding in Calgary. Call us today to arrange for an estimate.