The real estate market is unforgiving, and if you are looking to sell your home, you need to help it look its best. Installing or replacing siding in Calgary can be the best way to enhance curb appeal when you are trying to get your home to stand out among all the options. Here’s a closer look at some of the most popular types of siding available, as well as their advantages, to help you make a good choice:
- Vinyl: Once the recipient of a bad reputation, vinyl siding is becoming the most commonly used option. It remains cost effective, but is now offered in better quality varieties. You will enjoy strength and weather resistance without spending a fortune. This can be a good option if you need to replace current siding or if you never had it installed before and need to stay on a budget. Some options resemble wood, stone and slate to give your home a classic look. Best of all, vinyl siding is easy to clean with soap and water.
- Insulated siding: This is also made of PVC vinyl but offers the added benefit of insulation. Many people find it lies flatter and works well if you have a home with an oddly-shaped wall. Installing it will reduce heat or cooling loss as well as road noise. It is more expensive than regular vinyl siding, but if you live on a busy street, this choice may be the one that enhances your home’s value the most.
- Wood: There are still homes that sport wood siding in Calgary. This is a classic choice with a natural feel that allows for a high degree of customization. It is installed in panels, which makes for quick application—your home could look better within a day. However, wood is not as weather resistant and also requires painting. Many people opt for an artificial variety of siding just to avoid the maintenance.
- Engineered wood: A new option on the market, engineered wood contains a combination of sawdust, wood byproducts and bonding agents. It offers the beauty of real wood siding, but it is stronger and offers a longer life expectancy. Like regular wood siding, engineered wood siding can be painted, so if you want a certain color, this is the way to do it. It is higher maintenance because it needs regular painting. You also want to hire an installer with experience in this type of siding, because if it is applied incorrectly, you will experience warping and mold growth due to moisture exposure.
- Fiber cement siding: This variety is well suited for harsh weather. It stands up to hail and high winds without expanding and contracting like other siding varieties. Paint stays fresh on it longer because it holds the color better than wood. Installation is more complex and requires specialist intervention. It will cost more than vinyl siding, but the long-term benefits are frequently considered worth it.
Rhino Exteriors offers the installation of wood and vinyl siding in Calgary to help your home make a good first impression. Call us today to schedule an estimate.