There is no doubt that this is a tough real estate market. If you are going to get the attention of a buyer, your home needs to have good curb appeal to achieve that best first impression. Vinyl siding in Calgary can help you in this goal as you attempt to be a successful seller. When you install siding on your home, here are the messages it sends to potential buyers:
- Your home is low maintenance: Maintenance is a big consideration in home buying. Vinyl siding does not require paint jobs or constant touch-ups. If it starts to look filthy after an exciting winter, it is easy to clean with a hose or a pressure washer, if you are careful. Potential buyers will see a home where they can spend more time living and less time worrying about weekend do-it-yourself tasks. They also see an opportunity to avoid the expense of hiring painting contractors on a regular basis.
- Your home is energy efficient: There are other areas where siding reduces costs. Besides maintenance, there are also utility savings. Siding keeps heat inside in the winter and prevents overheating in the summer. The extra insulation makes your HVAC system struggle less so you can enjoy cost savings when you are heating or cooling your home. Potential buyers who see siding also imagine much lower utility bills than any homes they just viewed without siding.
- You took care of your home: Potential buyers will know that they are not buying someone else’s problem. Instead, they are buying a home that has been well cared for and that will cause them few issues in the future. That is very appealing because many people spend money on down payments and mortgages. They prefer to avoid repair expenses, and if there is a reduced chance of those, then they are more likely to purchase your home.
- Your home is more durable: Homes with siding frequently avoid water damage and mold issues. If you have a potential buyer with a mold sensitivity, siding will be especially appealing. Your home is less likely to give this individual issues than one that does not have vinyl siding. It also means there is less likelihood of wet or dry rot, which can lead to future structural issues.
- Your home is a good investment: Putting all these factors together can help increase the resale value of your home when the market improves. Many people take a chance at not only desirable shelter, but also a future where they make money from the equity when they sell. These forward-thinking types are more likely to see this potential when your home has siding and a clean look than if it looks like you mostly made the effort to cut corners.
If you have a home on the market or are thinking about selling your home in the future, consider enhancing curb appeal through siding. For a reputable contractor with experience in vinyl siding in Calgary, contact Rhino Exteriors for an estimate on your home’s newest improvement.