Fiber cement is becoming the preferred material for exterior specialists everywhere, including siding contractors in Calgary. Also known as Hardie board, it is a high quality material with many benefits, and it is likely the most advanced development currently available in the siding industry. While the initial installation cost can be off-putting at first, many homeowners are glad they made the decision to go with this option. Here are the advantages it offers you:
- Return on investment: One factor in exterior renovations is whether the effort will add to your home’s value. When you choose fiber cement over other siding options, your return on investment can be as high as 25 percent. That is due to the superior quality of this product and its appeal to potential buyers.
- Cost savings: Installing fiber cement is never inexpensive, but it will make up for it in long-term expense reduction. It does not absorb water, so you never have to worry about deterioration or the development of mold. Hardie board is also resistant to pests and weather elements that can cause lesser siding options to crack or peel. While other types of siding could require repair later, you can worry less about that possibility with fiber cement.
- Designed specifically for our climate. Siding often takes a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to your home and the climate. Hardie board comes in regional varieties based on climate zone. The products designed for wetter climates are made to withstand water and mold better, while the variety used here in Calgary is made specifically for colder weather. This assures a higher level of performance and longer lasting results. You can buy an exterior material that you know is ready for our harsh winters.
- Preserved color: Since Hardie board is durable and resistant to corrosive elements, the color stays fresh longer. Your new exterior will maintain that appearance for years, not months, and without the usual fading, chipping and cracking, there is no need to repaint Hardie board or reinstall it. You will love how the color remains bright for the long term, even with little maintenance.
- Fewer insurance claims: Part of the weather resistance of fiber cement is the way it stands up to heat and hail damage. It is non-combustible, so you are unlikely to experience fires, and hail becomes just another type of precipitation rather than the precursor to an insurance claim. It is likely that this will reduce your premiums, so contact your agent for details after you install your Hardie board.
- Warranties: The manufacturer stands behind this product, and that is why each installation comes with a 30-year non-prorated warranty. If you get Hardie board trim, that will have a 15-year warranty. Even if you feel like you are taking a huge risk with this product, these warranties should offer further reassurance.
If you are looking for siding contractors in Calgary who install Hardie board, Rhino Exteriors is available to serve you. Call us today to learn more about this option or arrange for an estimate.