The siding of your home is basically the only thing protecting the drywall and interior of your home from wind, rain, sleet, snow and the rest of the nasty elements outside. Since that’s the case, don’t you want the best possible siding for your home? Unfortunately, siding wears down over time, which can lead to major damage to the inside of your home and require total siding replacement.
However, if you catch the signs of failing siding before the damage gets too bad, you can avoid the need for expensive repairs and replacement, and instead hire us for less expensive siding repair in Calgary. Here are some signs to watch for that may indicate a need for siding repair:
- Your siding shows overall signs of aging: No matter what type of siding you have, it’ll show obvious signs of aging during its lifespan. Wood’s paint will fade, and the panels may begin to rot. Brick and stone siding can start to crack around the edges, which could let water in. Not good! Meanwhile, the sun’s rays will eventually cause the color of vinyl siding to fade, and possibly make the material bubble up. Call us ASAP if you notice any of these signs!
- Your siding needs to be painted often: If you have any other siding material than vinyl or polymer (like wood), you know that it needs to be stained or painted every 10 years or so to keep it looking good and to prevent rotting. If you realize you’re having to paint it more often than that, your siding is probably too old and will require siding replacement sooner rather than later. The faster you act, however, the greater your chances that our professionals may be able to perform siding repair in Calgary in lieu of complete siding replacement.
- Your siding has nail issues: This one obviously doesn’t apply to masonry siding, but it’s pertinent to homeowners with wood or vinyl siding. If you notice that any nails are sticking out from your siding, that’s an obvious sign that your siding has shifted in one way or another and needs siding repair in Calgary. Rusty nails can indicate that you may have some water damage beneath the siding, which can lead to mold. And if you have any missing nails, you’ve got a real big problem on your hands. Without nails your siding is in danger of completely blowing off your home during a storm.
- Your siding has stains: Stains on your siding, which are usually green, are unsightly and can also be a sign of bigger issues. Those stains are caused by water runoff from your roof’s gutters. That water could eventually get underneath your siding and cause damage to the actual structure of your home.
- Your siding is moldy or rotten: If that water gets under your siding, it’s bound to eventually start getting moldy. Mold can be dangerous to your health and necessitates expensive removal and repair services. If you have wood siding, that moisture will begin to rot the wood and require repair or total replacement.
We have many years of experience in the siding business, so call Rhino Exteriors today if you’ve noticed any of the above signs. We look forward to providing siding repair in Calgary and helping to preserve your siding for years to come!