Whether you’re investing in a charming fixer-upper or you’re building a new home from the ground up, repairs and replacement to home siding is practically an inevitability. Like with any home improvement or renovation project, there are several options available to you depending on your preferences and needs. One such option is vinyl siding, which can have several advantages over other choices that are available when it comes to siding:
- Affordability: If the first thing that flashes through your head when you hear the phrase “home improvement” is a price tag, you’ll be happy to know that vinyl siding in Calgary is an affordable option for homeowners. The cost to have vinyl siding installed can be significantly less than the cost of wood siding installation.
- Durability: One of the benefits of vinyl is its ability to withstand the elements without sustaining damage. The material is incredibly effective at wicking away moisture from rain, snow and hail so that the water doesn’t permeate the siding layer. Wood siding tends to be more susceptible to water damage, which can have serious consequences for the structural integrity of your home. A quality vinyl siding that is professionally installed can last for several decades.
- Versatility: Everyone loves plenty of options, and when it comes to vinyl siding, the choices are virtually limitless. You can select the color, style and texture that work best for your home. You can even select a vinyl siding that is designed to have the same texture as a wood siding does. The versatility of vinyl siding means that you can enjoy the affordability of this siding material without compromising on your needs or your vision for your home’s exterior.
- Ease of maintenance: Since vinyl siding is so durable, it is really easy to maintain. It isn’t as vulnerable to water damage or pest infestations as wood siding, which means that you don’t have to worry about the costs associated with wood rot and pest extermination. In addition, vinyl is easy to clean and maintains its appearance without much more than a simple routine cleaning.
- Energy efficiency: If you choose insulated vinyl siding, you can expect to shave some money off of your monthly energy bills. Increased efficiency and insulation means that your home will stay cooler during the summer months and warmer during the winter without as much of a need for excessive heating or cooling in your home.
If you think that vinyl siding in Calgary is a good choice for your home, you can trust our experienced team at Rhino Exteriors to handle the installation process. We are skilled in all sorts of home exterior services, including the installation of vinyl siding. The products that we carry are top-of-the-line to ensure that our customers are getting the highest quality siding available. When your home is ready for an exterior update, give us a call so that our experts can help get you started with some of our professional home services. We look forward to serving you!