Over time, the appearance of your siding in Calgary can deteriorate considerably. While age can be a factor in how well it is holding up, there are also an array of other issues that could arise and mean you need siding repair or new installation fast. Look for these signs that your siding is having problems and is in need of maintenance or replacement:
- Wear and age: When you see signs of warping, buckling or even gaps, your siding is beginning to age. Moisture can get under your siding and cause it to pull away from the surface of the exterior of your home, creating damage to its appe Siding in Calgary can also show age from the sun and other outdoor weather elements.
- Exposed nails: Nails that are showing through your siding, or that are rusty and broken, mean your vinyl siding in Calgary is in need of serious repairs. The shifting of your siding can make nails lose their alignment, while moisture can cause nails to rust. If you are completely missing nails in any spots, you are at risk of having your siding fall off entirely.
- Cracked caulking: Your caulking should look uniform and pristine in its appearance. Any cracking or shrinking of your caulking means your vinyl siding in Calgary is wearing fast. The panels could be shifting or be broken in spots, leaving you with a serious siding problem to contend with.
- Faded paint: While your siding rarely needs to be painted, if the color has started to fade, you can use a special paint product to revive the vibrancy that it once had. Fading siding can occur as a result of direct sunlight and leave your home with an uneven appearance.
- Insect damage: When your wood siding shows signs of insect infestation or rodent damage, you will need to replace it to correct the destroyed surface. Leaving it to fester allows insects and pests to find their way into your home, presenting you with an even bigger problem to handle.
- Rotting and mold: Mold can appear on the inside of your home if water is able to penetrate through the surface of your siding in Calgary. This means your siding is failing and allowing moisture inside. This can cause mold to grow and rot to take over. You may smell indications that this is occurring before you actually see the evidence.
- Water staining: If you see water streaks or staining on your home’s exterior, this is an indication that water is penetrating the surface and creating damage to your vinyl siding in Calgary. If left untreated, this moisture can get into your home and cause damage to your drywall.
Knowing what to look for when it comes to caring for your vinyl siding in Calgary can allow you to thwart problems before they become major repair issues. Contact Rhino Exteriors for all your siding needs. We provide installation of wood and vinyl siding as well as trim, gutters, soffits, fascia and battens. Get in touch today to arrange a consultation!