The siding on your home protects it and its inhabitants from the harsh elements of the cold winter months. Having properly installed and expertly maintained siding on your home can lower your monthly energy bills and prevent you from suffering from frost-damaged pipes and other undesirable home issues. Opting to install vinyl siding in Calgary is an excellent way to ensure that your home is well-insulated and protected throughout the chilly Alberta winter.
As the winter months rapidly approach, you may be wondering whether the siding on your home is due for a replacement. Here are some benefits you will experience if you opt to replace your house’s siding:
- Less need to worry about landscaping: The process of installing new siding can wreak havoc on your landscaping. It’s an invasive procedure that requires work crews to spend extensive amounts of time on your grass and flower beds. Opting for a fall or winter siding installation is a great way to protect your landscaping!
- Better insulation: You will notice substantially lower energy bills if you decide to install your new home siding before the chilliest months set in. Some types of siding, particularly vinyl siding in Calgary, are known for their advanced insulating capabilities.
- More convenient installation appointments: Because fewer homeowners opt to have their siding replaced in the winter, you will have access to more desirable installation times. You also may be able to coordinate with your installation team to set up your new siding while you are out of town.
- Increases your home’s value: This year-round benefit cannot be underestimated! Newly installed siding is always a boon for prospective home purchasers. The value of your property will increase substantially if you decide to install new siding, particularly a high-quality vinyl siding in Calgary.
Selecting which siding to use
Choosing the type of siding that is best suited for your property and for Alberta’s cool and snowy climate can be a challenge. Here are several different types of siding that are popular, and their respective benefits:
- Vinyl: Vinyl siding in Calgary is popular for a reason. This versatile and dependable material is known for providing large amounts of insulation and is easy to care for.
- Wood: This classic material can outfit your home with an idyllic, dignified look. Wood siding requires extensive amounts of care, however, to be kept in good condition.
- Fiber cement: This heavy-duty siding forms a nearly impenetrable seal that keeps all water outside of your home. It is an excellent choice for those who are seeking to add longevity to their home.
For more than a decade, Rhino Exteriors has been providing high-quality solutions for homeowners seeking vinyl siding in Calgary. You can count on us to deliver dependable installation and other siding services that will winterize your home against even the most inclement weather. Our helpful and knowledgeable associates are here to make the installation process as easy as possible for each and every one of our clients. Call us today to learn more!