Siding is often one of the most overlooked aspects of a home. That’s typically because homeowners don’t realize everything siding does for them. In addition to giving your home a beautiful color, siding protects from the elements and helps insulate your home, which keeps your energy bills down.
Unfortunately, siding doesn’t last forever. Professional siding installation in Calgary is necessary every now and then for a variety of reasons. Continue reading to learn a few of the signs that it’s time to give Rhino Exteriors a call to replace your siding:
- Frequent painting: Repainting your home’s exterior is necessary if you have wood siding. However, that doesn’t mean you should be repainting it every few years. In fact, your siding should only need to be painted about once a decade. If you find yourself repainting more often that once every eight to 10 years, it’s a sign that something is amiss and your siding should be replaced sooner rather than later.
- Faded siding: On a similar note, give us a call to replace your siding if its rich color has become dull. Siding doesn’t hold its color forever, and fading is a sign that your siding is getting too old. Keep in mind that faded siding doesn’t just look bad—it’s also a sign that your siding could have lost its waterproof attributes.
- High energy bills: As mentioned above, your siding’s insulation abilities do a lot to keep your energy bills low in the summer and winter. If you’ve noticed that your electric bills are getting a little more expensive each month, it could be time to give us a call to replace your siding.
- Rotting or warping: Over time, old wooden siding can start to rot, especially if it hasn’t been painted in a while. This doesn’t just look bad—it’s awful for your home and can lead to much larger problems down the road. Vinyl siding won’t rot, but it can start to warp, which is ultimately just as bad. It’s not a bad idea to have us come inspect your siding today for any early signs of rotting or warping.
- Cracked or loose siding: You don’t need a professional inspection to tell you whether or not your siding is cracked or falling apart. A few small cracks aren’t a huge problem, but it should still be addressed in the near future. On the other hand, if there are tons of cracks or broken boards, give us a call for replacement as soon as possible. The last thing you want is the underlayer of your siding getting damaged because the exterior is cracked.
- Fungus, mold or mildew: Have you ever seen a house with nasty green fungus or mold growing on its siding? This is a common problem when water gets trapped in between the panels. Not only is it unattractive, it’s a sign that your siding is old and should be replaced by a professional sooner rather than later.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, pick up the phone and give Rhino Exteriors a call for new siding installation in Calgary. Our team has years of industry experience and can replace your siding efficiently and affordably.