Your siding is essential when it comes to protecting your home. The right siding can withstand all kinds of external factors while preventing water damage and maintaining the integrity of your home’s structure. Your siding also contributes to the overall aesthetic appeal of your home, and can even influence its value. So, when it comes time to build a new home or remodel an existing home, it’s important that you carefully consider the kind of siding you use to ensure that it will deliver the highest level of quality possible:
- Thickness: James Hardie siding in Calgary is made from fiber cement and is much thicker than vinyl siding. Fiber cement siding is about five times as thick as standard vinyl siding, which is beneficial for a number of reasons. For one thing, thicker siding is usually more durable and less susceptible to damage. What’s more, the thickness of fiber cement also makes it more visually appealing. Manufacturers can add wood-like texture and grain lines to fiber cement siding in Calgary to improve its appearance.
- Temperature resistance: In areas that tend to get really warm during the summer months, it’s important to have siding that can withstand plenty of heat. Vinyl siding is susceptible to temperature damage and may melt as a result of exposure to heat from grills and even from the heat that is emitted off of low-e windows. Heat exposure may even cause vinyl siding to warp and lose its shape. This warping will make it less effective at protecting the structure of your home from weather conditions.
- Weathering: Your siding bears the brunt of all kinds of weather conditions, including high winds, freezing temperatures and heavy rains. All of these elements can take a serious toll on vinyl siding. Because it’s so thin, vinyl siding simply can’t withstand extreme weather conditions for very long. Issues with vinyl siding often arise after a storm or following the winter months, when harsh weather conditions are most common.
- Appearance: One of the effects of weathering is the fading of siding. Vinyl siding tends to fade as a result of weather exposure and UV damage, which can dramatically alter its color. In some cases, certain portions of your siding will fade more rapidly than others, which can lead to an uneven appearance.
- Maintenance: Because of how resilient it is, fiber cement is easier to maintain. You can clean it as necessary, but you don’t have to do much more to care for it beyond that. This saves you time and gives you one less thing to worry about when it comes to home maintenance.
Find quality siding in Calgary
If you need some extra help deciding which kind of siding is right for your home, give Rhino Exteriors a call. For over a decade, our professional team has helped provide customers in and around Calgary with exceptional products and services. We know how important it is to reinforce your home’s exterior with the right siding and roofing materials, which is why we are always happy to help you find the products that are right for your home, needs and budget. Get started with a consultation by giving us a call today.