Replacing your home’s siding is probably not a chore you’re looking forward to. You know it’s going to be expensive and require a lot of work. Not to mention all the choices you’ll need to make, from your budget to the contractor.
Luckily, we’re here to help with one of those: choosing the type of siding that’s right for your home. Learning a bit about each will help you make an educated decision on what type of siding in Calgary is the best choice. Read on to find out the benefits and drawbacks of some different popular siding materials:
- Metal: This kind of siding is often an aesthetic choice for modern-styled structures. It does provide an interesting and different look if you choose to go in this direction. Metal is impervious to mold and rot, making it stand out in terms of resistance to water damage. It’s also very low maintenance and is an ecologically friendly product because every panel is cut precisely, leading to little waste. However, it is often a more costly option and may be prone to fading.
- Fiber cement: This is a popular option because it can have the look of real wood without that material’s expense and susceptibility to insect damage. Fiber cement is very easy to maintain and is resistant to chipping and fading. It is more expensive than vinyl siding, though, and the color will need to be touched up now and again.
- Vinyl: This is the leading siding material for new homes. That’s because vinyl looks good, is available in many colors and comes in at a budget-friendly price. Plus, it’s easy to clean, and is often guaranteed for decades to come. On the other hand, vinyl is liable to warp in extreme heat and cold. Also, it’s not possible to replace the color, so whatever you choose will be permanent.
- Wood: Wood has a unique advantage compared to other types of siding in that individual pieces are easy to replace. It’s also greener than other options, along with being simple to install. However, it does need a lot of maintenance, is susceptible to insect damage and is not fire resistant.
- Stucco: This is a durable material and has no issues with being damaged by insects. People love the unique look of stucco and there are plenty of color options available. But it’s not good in instances where heavy rainfall occurs, and Mother Nature can ultimately take quite a toll on stucco’s appearance.
When you need new siding in Calgary, there’s one company you should turn to: Rhino Exteriors. We take every project we do seriously, no matter how big or small, and offer a wide variety of services. We install vinyl, wood and aluminum siding, fascia and soffits, decorative trim, roofing, cladding and much more.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team is here to help you make the right decision for your home. If you are just getting started on planning a project, we can help you estimate your costs by offering ballpark figures, so you can get an idea of what you’re getting into before you begin. Give us a call now to learn more!