Vinyl siding is an extremely common and popular choice for home exteriors throughout Calgary and beyond. Unfortunately, this housing material has been subject to a variety of falsehoods and myths over the years, which may deter some homeowners from considering it.
If you’re looking to build a new house or renovate the exterior of your home, don’t discount vinyl siding as a viable option. Here is the truth about some of the most common vinyl siding myths in Calgary:
- It isn’t customizable enough: A lot of people think that vinyl siding in Calgary only has one color or look, which causes houses to look the same. However, vinyl siding is actually quite customizable. Although you can’t paint siding easily, vinyl siding manufacturers create it in a wide range of colors. Additionally, vinyl siding can be either horizontal or vertical, which provides even more options for exterior differentiation.
- It isn’t durable: Vinyl siding is actually a very durable material, although it may not appear that way because of its flexibility and light weight. In truth, vinyl siding has the capability to withstand harsh winds of up to 110 miles per hour, as well as rain, snow, cold and heat for multiple decades.
- It needs to be replaced too often: Vinyl siding is a low-cost option for home exteriors, which leads homeowners to believe that it is “cheap” and low quality. Many buyers fear that if they get vinyl siding in Calgary, they’ll need to replace it soon after to maintain its appearance and function. However, vinyl siding does not need to be replaced very often. Many siding types come with warranties of around 30 years and are made with high-quality materials that help it stay both functional and great-looking for years. In some cases, vinyl siding can last longer than 40 years!
- It’s not environmentally friendly: Because of its plastic-like appearance, many homeowners assume vinyl siding is bad for the environment. In reality, vinyl siding is one of the most environmentally friendly home exterior materials, especially when compared to options like brick or fiber cement. Additionally, vinyl siding offers great insulation, which can lower your energy bills and your carbon footprint!
- It isn’t easy to maintain: Vinyl siding is a very easy material to maintain. It can be kept clean with mere soap and water applied with a brush; vinegar mixtures can also be used for tougher stains. Additionally, should a piece of siding be damaged, it is extremely easy to install new siding.
Need new siding? Turn to the experts!
At Rhino Exteriors, vinyl siding is one of our most commonly chosen products, and for good reason. With its durability, low cost and great appearance, vinyl siding is the perfect choice for all kinds of homes!
If you’re interested in vinyl siding in Calgary, call the contracting experts at Rhino Exteriors. We specialize in all kinds of exterior renovations, including siding, roofing, soffits, fascia, gutters and trims. Our team uses the highest-quality products from reliable industry brands, so you can trust that the work we do will stand the test of time. Call us today for a free estimate!