Adding vinyl siding to your home is one way to get a great return on your investment—this durable, beautiful siding material adds curb appeal, keeps your home looking fresh for decades, adds insulation and is cheaper to install than many other siding options.
If you’re considering upgrades to your home, consider vinyl siding. The benefits and advantages of vinyl siding for your home in Calgary make it a smart investment, whether you’re planning to sell your home soon or intend to live in it for decades to come:
- Instant, versatile curb appeal: When your siding is old and hasn’t been well maintained, it makes your whole home look dingy. Adding or replacing vinyl siding gives you an instant, fresh look as if the home were just built. What’s more, vinyl siding is versatile. It can mimic the look of other siding types at a fraction of the cost so you can get just about any look you want for less. Any HGTV fan knows that curb appeal is one of the most important parts of selling your home, so this is a good investment whether you plan to sell or stay.
- Durable: Calgary gets some extreme weather, but vinyl siding can stand up to anything the sky throws at it. Heat, hail, snow and rain will bounce off, and it’s designed to be moisture resistant, so you won’t have to deal with mold, mildew and rot. That means you’ll spend a lot less time making repairs and performing maintenance. In fact, some vinyl siding manufacturers offer a 50-year warranty on their product.
- Great insulation: The extreme weather makes vinyl siding good for another reason: insulation. This type of siding doesn’t allow hot or cold air to escape through cracks (because there aren’t any), which means that your heater and air conditioner won’t have to work overtime to keep your home at a livable temperature. Some provinces offer tax credits when you install vinyl siding, making it an even better deal.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Vinyl siding is relatively lightweight and comes with pre-drilled holes, making installation a breeze—much faster than other types of siding. It’s also incredibly easy to maintain, thanks to its durable nature. All you have to do is clean your siding once per year, and you can even do it yourself. That means you’ll save even more money over the long term, especially because vinyl siding does not require painting or other tasks that come with other siding types.
- Inexpensive: Vinyl tends to cost significantly less than other siding options like brick or wood. Since the upkeep is minimal, you shouldn’t have to do any repairs, and it takes less labor to install. Ultimately, you’ll save thousands of dollars as compared to other siding types.
When you’re ready to learn firsthand about the benefits of vinyl siding in Calgary, be sure to call Rhino Exteriors. We can seamlessly install your vinyl siding and make your home look brand new. Reach out today to schedule an appointment!