Whether you’re preparing your home for sale or just interested in increasing your property’s overall value, there’s numerous options for upgrading the exterior. Research indicates that siding home improvement in Calgary earns homeowners a 76 percent return on their investment. Read on to find out why buyers pay more for homes with new siding.
The benefits of new siding
The type of siding you choose to install on your home impacts the increase in your property’s value. For example, cement siding can really boost your home value in Calgary, while vinyl varieties earn less during resale. Regardless, installing new siding on your home improves its value while providing numerous benefits for you or the new homeowner.
- Improved efficiency: New siding provides your home with much-needed protection from the weather outside. Siding builds in an extra layer of insulation, so you don’t have to run your heating or cooling system all the time to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. By putting less demand on your HVAC system, you’ll see a significant drop in your utility bills every month.
- Identify structural issues: Sometimes, siding covers damage your home’s structure has sustained. By replacing your existing siding, a professional has the opportunity to examine your property for existing problems. By fixing these issues beforehand, you can share that information with potential buyers to set their minds at ease.
- Fewer paint jobs: Improved siding varieties hold paint much better than older options. When you paint your new siding to match your home’s aesthetic, that paint will last longer than it would have previously. With new siding and a fresh coat of paint, your home will look better than ever before.
- Increased curb appeal: Siding home improvement in Calgary makes your home look more appealing to potential buyers and your current neighbors. For residents in communities with strict homeowners association rules, you’re required to maintain a certain level of curb appeal, and new siding can really help in this area.
- Less maintenance: Updating the siding on your home decreases the routine maintenance you have to perform throughout the year. With minimal effort, your home looks beautiful year-round.
- Additional protection: With new siding, you’re giving your home an additional method of protection against inclement weather conditions that may damage your structure. It’s much easier and less expensive to repair damaged siding instead of having to repair or replace necessary structural components.
If you’re curious whether there’s a correlation between siding and home value in Calgary, the answer is an emphatic yes. New siding can make all the difference for your home, whether you’re selling or staying put. Buyers want to see they’re purchasing a property that’s in good working condition. Installing new siding demonstrates that you’ve taken thorough care to maintain your home during the years you’ve owned and occupied it.
At Rhino Exteriors, we offer a wide range of siding options, including vinyl and wood. As a premier siding contractor, we take pride in providing the highest quality work and service to all of our customers. Contact us today to discuss your siding home improvement in Calgary and to schedule an appointment for a free estimate.