Thinking about improving your home’s exterior? Knowing what’s hot in residential exterior design—like the 2022 exterior paint color trends—can help you make a decision that will improve your home’s value.
In 2022, the name of the game is bold and colorful. If your home is still a boring neutral, it might be time to think about amping up its curb appeal with a tasteful, yet standout color. Granted, you need to consider the rest of the neighborhood when choosing a paint color. You want to stand out but not look out of place. Choosing the perfect shade for your exterior siding can help you stick the landing.
Here are some of the best trends to keep your home looking stylish and modern:
- All black: Maybe it’s time for your home to go through a goth phase. It might sound odd, but monochromatic, all-black exteriors and trim can make a striking impression. First, it’s a subdued yet modern look. Second, shades of black can make your front yard really stand out. The house itself visually recedes, letting your focal points take center stage. It’s also a great opportunity to try interesting trim or front door colors, like a subdued bronze.
- Charcoal: If you’re not ready to commit to an all-black home, you can still create a similar effect with a charcoal color. Pick a deep, rich gray that will set off all the colors of your trim and garden. It looks great with a darker roof and can support nearly any trim color.
- Green: Greens—ranging from light sage to deep, dark forest greens—are great for an all-over color or trim. When you have a darker exterior shade, it can make the greenery around your home really stand out. If your garden is your pride and joy, think about painting or siding your home in a green that complements your existing yard.
- Navy: Obviously, dark is in this year. Navy homes are no exception. Navy is a rich and reserved hue, making it great for all-over color. Add visual interest with contrasting trim and shutters, or paint in several monochromatic shades to highlight different focal points. It can create an especially striking effect with a jewel-toned front door.
- Pastels: Pastels are an appealing choice, whether you want to use it as siding or as accents on a navy, charcoal or black home. Since they’re less saturated, pastel siding has a pleasing visual effect. (Super-saturated shades, like primary colors, are best left for trim or front-door accents.) If you want to add more color into your curb appeal, pastels are a pretty way to do so.
Rhino Exteriors is committed to knowing what’s hot in residential exterior design, including 2022 exterior paint color trends. When you’re thinking about improving your home’s curb appeal, there’s no better team to help you achieve your goals.
For more information about siding or to get a quote, call us today. We’ll be happy to help you select and install the perfect siding choice.