What Is the Point of Soffit and Fascia?
- The soffit contains air vents that promote proper air circulation in the attic. As a result, any moisture in the attic is driven out. This prevents the moisture build-up and growth of mold and mildew. Moss growth in the attic can lead to health complications for those living inside the house and will need professional remediation.
- The fascia is typically used to close the soffit and the roof’s edge. In some homes, the fascia is also utilized to attach the gutters. In homes with no gutters, it’s used to improve its aesthetic finish. To give their home the maximum aesthetic appeal, some homeowners will match the color of the fascia with that of their home’s exterior.
What Are the Advantages of Soffit?
- Protects the roof’s integrity: By circulating air into the attic and getting moisture out, the soffit prevents the roofing structure from water damage, mold, and mildew, which can compromise its integrity.
- Increases home’s beauty: Installing a soffit gives the home a better look and increases its beauty. This is because it covers the utilitarian-looking areas on the overhanging roof. As a result, your house will feel more homely and welcoming.
- Reduces maintenance requirements: As there will be no moisture in your attic, you won’t have to maintain your roofing structure as much. This will save you the cost of frequent maintenance.
- Increases home resale value: Installing a soffit system is one of the easiest ways to increase your home’s resale value. This is because, after the installation, your home will look more pleasing and carry lower maintenance costs.
Why Are Aluminum Soffits and Fascia So Popular?
- Easy to install: Aluminum soffits and fascia can easily be influenced to fit into tight, sharp spaces since the metal is somewhat soft and malleable.
- Minimal maintenance requirements: These metal soffits and fascia can be installed in all kinds of environments, including in extreme weather, and require minimal maintenance. This is because it’s not affected by moisture or degraded by the sun.
- They are environmentally friendly: Soffits and fascia made from aluminum are 100% recyclable.
- They are fire-resistant: Using as many fire-resistant materials in your home significantly reduces fire risk. Aluminum is non-combustible, making it fire-safe.
Do You Need Soffit and Fascia Installation in Okotoks, Alberta?
Welcome to Rhino Exteriors; we are one of Alberta’s leading roofing and siding contractors. We began operations in 2006, and we are based in Okotoks. We specialize in roof installation, roof repair, siding installation, and decorative trims installation. We have high qualified roofing technicians with vast experience. Call today.